Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am King at Lingham Castle

Lingam: I was 'bullshitting and bragging'

“I can choose whatever topic I like. I can even pretend to talk to President Bush if I like,” Lingham said.

“That (conversation) was in my house. My house is my castle. I am the king. I can talk whatever rubbish in my house,” he said.

Why then did he tell Loh Mui Fah that he was talking to the then chief judge of Malaya Ahmad Fairuz Sheikh Abdul Halim, Lingam said he does not recollect mentioning that at all to Loh.

“Even if I did say it, I was bullshitting and bragging,” he said.

He is a lawyer, an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer who is competent to understand Criminal Law and the rule of justice. He knows what is termed as hearsay and what's res gestae. He understands the Law of Evidence. He knows better that he is giving a sworn testimony.
what he do and what he wants, and he always gets what he wants. He has everything under his belt. He is what he said, "I am a King" and "I can talk whatever rubbish I want" as long as it's in my castle.

It doesn't matter that the various others in his castle could have believed him and what he said. He's King; after all!

Hypothetically, in my own house or castle, I must also be king too? If I rape my guest or the guest of my wife or children b'coz I am king in my home, is it ok? If you slap and kick your wife or children b'coz you are king, it must be ok? So it means the jurisdiction of law is only applicable outside my home and whatever I do at home, must be ok? And can I invite many people to my house to accuse the cabinet minister of being corrupt without any substantiation or facts, and to accuse the PM of atrocious crimes he did not commit? What happen if the people believed it? And can we say that all opposition members can invite the public to their house to make seditious and defamatory remarks or contemptuous accusation? Then the muftis can also stir up the people as the mosque is his castle too? Confusing and baffling!!! I am very confuse...

I'm still pondering... maybe, the Royal Commission can give me some guidance.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

when the bloggers are blogging from their home i.e their castle, so they can asked badawi & his goons to fcuk off also, yes?

best if all the members of the rci should stop all these nonsense - just collect their 'angpow' & 'tahpow'...

then wait for another rci.

Thegame said...

What kind of silly example is that.Please dont make a fool of yourself.This is pathetic.

Maverick SM said...

Beeranyone,

Ya, I never thought about the bloggers' thing.

Thegame,

I agree it was a silly example and I was pathetic. But I am Cakap Tak Serupa Bikin, which means pathetic.

Anonymous said...

this guy is super cool!!

i donno whether to salute or ashame of this, he seems like desperate to resort childish excuses to come out defense like this (he even mention to cooperate beforehand). i'm not legally expert but logically speaking it sounds like quite acceptable excuse, isn't it. i faked conversation, i like to boast, i'm a charlatan, i'm abnormal but i'm in my home and that's the privacy, and boasting, being charlatan, playing prank are not criminal activities. to say the judges are idiot to buy this as every tom dick harry will know this indian man is lying to his teeth. but still, judging from the "rationality", he proably (10%) be innocent, he boasted he has connection with top judge to gain confidence from his clients. there is no "hard" solid evidence to say he really participate in appointing judge, like his signature, or money deposition. he might "only" give his "opinion" to his buddy and his buddy to tdm, but is this a crime ? don't think so. and RCI is not a court. what's more is that the judge + ag imho are appearing soft and "assisting" the defense, just like the altantuya case, with a little loophole the case can be closed.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, he is showing the ugly side of the legal profession - concocting anything whatsoever to create doubt, frivolous as it may be.

Anonymous said...

Lingam is talking through his little black lingam again

Anonymous said...

he's a lawyer - what were you expecting?

Maverick SM said...

Denzook,

You must understand the law in order to get out of the shitty situation.

Purple Haze,

He's a smart guy and by lowering his integrity a little, he's safe and exonerated.

Jefus,

He's not only a lawyer; he's a shrewed one.

Anonymous said...

shrewd or screwed ? if screwed, then don think so, his situation looks steady and solid....

Maverick SM said...

Denzook,

You may be right; but he's certainly not screwed. He's screwing others.

Anonymous said...

for a good learned judge, his action defending like this pointing he's already guilty - he digging his own grave for spewing answers like this. for "truth and nothing but truth", he can't talk using cheap excuses by claiming bragging and bullshiting - he's a lawyer and not lunatic. heck, he could dismiss this allegation at the very first place by saying he's joking with his client and it's stupid to claim he involves appointing cj knowing he's being videoed (sure he saw that sony 707, and pround answering questions). why wait until now with first insinuating it's not him, then he's being drunk, and now he's bullshitting. it's excuses and excuses. anyway malaysia is full of hp6 judges, so this case will be closed and all parties walk free.....

Maverick SM said...

Denzook,

When life is at a cross road, the only way forward is to be insane and ambiguous. That's the only option. You have to put yourself in his shoe to understand why.

lucia said...

oh gee, what else will this guy come out with???

he has turned the RC inquiry into a circus!

Maverick SM said...

Lucia,

Why do you say the RCI is a circus? The Parliament is a Zoo and what's wrong as we are in Animal Kingdom.

Helen said...

Forget the law and everything. Just talk common sense. Honestly, what kind of person would lie to another at their own home just for kicks? (if I were to go by the excuse given by Mr Lingham)

A pathological liar that has no regard at all for the truth. Right or wrong, it just show what kind of character he is. Heck, he even admitted it himself. lol

Anonymous said...

just put him in ISA..He deserved it in order to come to his senses.How about 3 years thats enough to cool him off.