Friday, May 28, 2004

POLICE FORCE STRIVING TO REGAIN PUBLIC TRUST


28th. May 2004, The Star Posted by Hello

The Star News report (28th. May 2004)

CID director Datuk Musa Hassan began working towards bringing back public confidence in the police force since taking office on 1st. March 2004. The crime buster, in his first month as CID director, has arrested several underworld lords and vice kingpins. He said he would go on investigating and arresting such people.

"I was an investigating officer and my superiors did not like my no-nonsense stance, especially when I raided gambling and vice dens. They wanted me to inform them first about my raids but I defied them. I was called up and told to stop my raids. I told my supervisor that he would have to take my name off the list of officers gazetted to conduct raids if they wanted me to stop, otherwise I would go on," says Datuk Musa.

Commissioner Musa said he wanted his officers, especially investigating officers and senior investigating officers to stand up to their superiors if ordered to stop, tamper or fabricate evidence.

Kudos to Datuk Musa for refusing to succumb to his corrupt superiors and we hope more officers like him will stand forward and be brave in their duty.

I wonder if that superior of his is still in the police force. If he (the superior) is still there, what will be done? If he isn't, does that mean no actions can be taken to indict the guilty party?

When Datuk Musa mention that officers should stand up to their superiors if ordered to stop, tamper or fabricate evidence, we believe he is speaking from his experience. So, will Datuk Musa be willing to expose those officers who had asked him to stop, fabricate, and tamper evidence; and if there exist such cases (which were fabricated or tempered, will he be willing to stand up and come forward to expose those cases. Datuk Musa was involve in the indictment of Anwar Ibrahim's case? Is there anything that can be implied from his statement of truth (experience)?

The ball is back in Datuk Musa's court. Since he is directing his subordinates to stand up to his philosophy and core ideology of a brave, fearless and upright system of management, will he be brave to stand up for public scrutiny and probably face the wrath of the insidious ideological system which he preached?

GOD BLESS HIM AND GIVE HIM THE STRENGTH TO PURSUE RIGHTEOUSNESS AND UPHOLD THE DIGNITY OF THE POLICE FORCE!

No comments: