Thursday, November 10, 2005

Journey of Stress & Frust

Early in the morning, I had to travel to Lenggong, the hometown of MCA President Ong Kah Ting; the trip is not associated with him. I was to meet a client. My meeting ended with a nice treat for lunch at a restaurant. Wow, the food there was excellent, something I could not have tasted in Kuala Lumpur and hell of cheap.

After the lunch, it will be journeying back to KL and as I am not in a rush, I took a slow drive back. It was a nice journey as the road from Lenggong to Kuala Kangsar was smooth driving and the road conditions was excellent. I had not traveled this stretch of road for more than 15 years and only get to realise that the road had been widened and straightened. The government had spent hundreds of million to upgrade the road and the turnkey contractor and JKR Perak had done an excellent job. The road project is completed and I suppose, the official opening would be officiated by the Sultan of Perak in December, next month.

While driving past Tapah, which is about 30km from Ipoh, suddenly, my car make some noise at the front. I thought I might have hit some debris on the road. So I slowed down, but the noise persist. I quickly drive to the road edge and stopped to have an inspection. Opening up the bonnet I saw the fan-fins has broken. I don't know what the hell the problem is.

Just two days ago, I had a hunch and told my friend that I believe my car will be giving me some problem. I send it to the workshop to have an inspection and tuning up. Everything was OK except one tyre was leaking and it was made good. Thanks to my hunch for triggering me and I believed that hunch-pad on the back must be to relate the tyre leakage. It's resolved and everything should be OK thereon.

It was a shit day; I did not expect such problem as I have often check my car and had kept it is good conditions. All I could do is call up my son who is working in Ipoh and asked him to call a truck to tow the car to Ipoh.

The ordeal lasted me 4 hours and the car landed at a workshop. Looking at the problem, the mechanic informed me that prima facie, it does not seemed serious. Likely, the water pump is koyak; I hope so. As it is already late, the mechanic will check it tomorrow.

It perplexed me that over 3 occasions, I had mechanical problem with my car along this stretch of road (not the same car), tho' not at the exact location. My first experience was with an Isuzu Trooper which is a 2-year-old vehicle. The second time, I was driving a Toyota Camry. This time, it's my BM, and three times, it's somewhere near Tapah (within a radius of 1km). What a F**k coincidence...

Next time, when I travel along this stretch, I will drive slower or may consider to travel some alternative route to avoid this stretch.

Tomorrow, I'll take my son's car and travel back to KL. Hopefully, those shit luck is over ... tomorrow will be a better day, I pray!

1 comment:

Bikin Tak Serupa Cakap said...

Now..you have a good excuse for changing a new BM...ha..ha..