Saturday, December 24, 2005

Who is Wafar Dufour

Isn't she sexy? Who is she?







Guess? Her uncle may be the world's most elusive fugitive.

Got it? Well, She is Wafar Dufour, Osama bin Laden's niece.

She is an aspiring New York-based musician who posted as a cover girl for an American Magazine.

As part of an effort to distance herself from her massive Saudi family, Dufour appears in a sultry GQ photo spread, reclining on satin sheets wrapped in feathers in one picture and posing in a bubble bath wearing nothing but jewelry in a second.

"I was born in the States and I want people to know I'm American, and I want people here to understand that I'm like anyone in New York. For me, it's home," said Dufour, who took her mother's name after the suicide hijacking attacks that destroyed Manhattan's World Trade Center.

Her mother, Carmen bin Laden, wrote the 2004 bestseller "Inside the Kingdom: My Life in Saudi Arabia," an account of her rocky marriage to Yeslama bin Laden, Osama's half-brother, who amassed a fortune in the family's construction business and started his own investment firm.

"It Isn't Easy Being the Sexy Bin Laden," Dufour said. Dufour, had a master's degree in law from Columbia University.

Asked how Osama would react to her posing for racy pictures in a glossy magazine, she said, "I think he would have a heart attack."

Read more of her story here:

scd.yahoo.com

bbc.co.uk

No comments: