Monday, March 13, 2006

Compulsory EPF for Housewife

Oh NO! Don't ever try, you asshole ministers!

I know how to take care of my family. To me, this is one way to suck-in more public funds to subsidise corporate failures and bailouts.

EPF pays a miserable 4-5% dividend. I put my money in bond funds and it will generate between 6-10% dividend plus a yearly 10% bonus issues which aggregated to some 16-20% Return of Investment (ROI). Should I invest in investment trust with AIA, or Public Mutual, or Hwang-DBS, I may get returns of something between 25-30% ROI. The worse case scenario, I put my money in Fixed Deposit, it will give me 4% which is only 1% lower than EPF but I get the freedom to do with it the way I want it, like shifting the money from FD to Bond or Trust and rotate when appropriate.

The risk with EPF is: they can change their rules as they deem fit and they had such wide discretionary power to fiddle and tweek. Once, they even suggested that those reaching 55 will not be allowed to withdraw lump sum. It's scary and it's more scary as the govt looks to it as a cash cow to milk whenever GLCs failed and need capital injections.

EPF staffs are great people, but their investments are mediocre in returns for whatever excuse they had to pronounce.

Leave me and my family alone, dear minister. Try spent time and think of ways how to make the corruptors corrupt less, and we Malaysians will be far better off!

2 comments:

*lynne* said...

you make a very good point! I was wondering whylah suddenly they want to get housewives' contribution pulak... i think u hit the nail right on the head!

Gukita said...

I fully concur. These people sucks ....