Monday, April 10, 2006

Whitney Houston Desperation

She is so beautiful and rich. She is Whitney Houston.

Throughout her career, she has sold over 170 million records and she is the only female artist to have two albums in the top 35 of the best selling albums in the U.S.

She is also considered one of the greatest singers in pop music, influencing a generation of singers such as Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera and Beyonce.

She has won six Grammy awards and a record twenty-one American Music Awards.

She achieved her first of six career Grammy awards for "Saving All My Love For You" which won the Best Female Pop Vocal award for 1985, an award Whitney duplicated two years later for "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)."

At the 1993 Grammy awards, The Bodyguard won Album Of the Year while "I Will Always Love You" netted Record Of the Year and Whitney's third Best Female Pop Vocal award.

Whitney took home her sixth career Grammy, and her first R&B award, at the 42nd annual Grammy ceremonies on February 23, 2000, when "It's Not Right But It's Okay" won for Best Female R&B Vocal.


She has earned an impressive list of entertainment industry awards also includes 21 American Music Awards (the most for any female recording artist), 15 Billboard Music Awards, 11 NAACP Image Awards, six People's Choice Awards, seven "Soul Train" Music Awards, five World Music Awards, two Emmy Awards, the MTV Music Video award and MTV Movie Award, a Cable ACE Award, the Dove (Gospel Music Association) Award, the Blockbuster Entertainment Award, and the Nickelodeon Kids Choice award.

In November 1995, Whitney was inducted into the "Soul Train" Hall of Fame.

In 1996, she was inducted into the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Hall of Fame and BET (Black Entertainment Television) Walk of Fame.

In February 1998, "Soul Train" bestowed its prestigious Quincy Jones Career Achievement Award upon Whitney; and in March 2000, she was honored with the "Soul Train" Music Award as Female Artist Of the Decade.

But now ... she, ...she, ... she looks like ...



Is this Whitney?

Yes!

She looks terrible!

She has been fighting drug addiction for 10 years.

This is the sorry picture of a superstar who had sold hundreds of millions records with smash hits.

Her mother Cissy Houston confessed recently that she kneeled to beg her to give up drugs for the sake of her 13-year-old daughter, Bobbi. Her family blamed her problems on her relationship with Bobby Brown, whom she met in 1989 and married in 1992. Bobby was famous for drug abuses.

Whitney was interviewed by chat-show host Diana Sawyer who grilled her on her drug problem. She told Sawyer: "I make too much money for me to ever smoke cracks."

During the interview, Sawyer asks which drug Houston has abused, asking, ''Is it alcohol? Is it marijuana? Is it cocaine? Is it pills?''

Houston replies, ''It has been at times.'' Sawyer asks, ''All?'' ''At times,'' Houston says.

Houston says she's overcome her drug past through daily prayer. ''I'm not the strongest every day, but I'm not the weakest, either. And I won't break,'' she says, according to a partial transcript released by ABC.

Avoiding drugs is a matter of will power, she adds. ''It's my deciding ... it's my heart. It's what I want and I don't want. Nobody makes me do anything I don't want to do. It's my decision. So the bigger devil is me. I'm either my best friend or my worst enemy.''

However, Whitney has sunk to spending weeks at the holed up in squalid crack houses in dangerous parts of the city as she desperately tries to feed her habit for highly-addictive rock form of cocaine and the equally deadly crystal meth.

Her RM21 million mansion shows a scene of squalor that would not be out of place in an inner-city crack den. This is her bathroom .....


2 comments:

Howsy said...

OMFG!!! I can't believe that's her! Urghhh!

Are you a fan of her, Doc?

Maverick SM said...

Ya! I had always rindu her since the 80s. But now, I just felt sad.