Sunday, January 28, 2007

MAS, the fuckup system

I had been travelling on MAS flights for years and most of the time, I traveled on business class. The benefits I had enjoyed over the years is the fact that as Enriched card member and traveling on business class, I can get to change the timing of the flight, earlier or later without any surcharge. That, I had always done so. Since last week, MAS booking and ticketing had gone online. MAS claimed that going online help them cut cost and provides far better and effective services while at the same time, gives their customers far better value for money. So, I had an e-ticket. Today, I am suppose to go back to KL from Kuching on the 8.10pm flight (MH2539; bastard, it was retimed 8.50pm; I just knew. It was previously 8.10pm). As I had finished my work early and being able to get to the airport at 4.30pm, I asked to changed and to get a seat at an earlier flight back to KL slated at 5.30pm (MH2529). I have done this quite often and there wasn't any problem as long as there is available seat. There is, this time. But I was asked to pay extra RM160 for charges for cancellation. I was puzzled. I was told that my ticket is "C" class and that any changes in flight time, must be notified within 3 days. Only "D" class ticket is allowed on time. What the fuck? How do I know there is such thing as C or D as I wasn't told. What I know is that I had a business class ticket, paying more than was a thousand ringgit for a return flight ticket, and I am an Enrich card member. The staff said this is their policy! What fuck policy did Idris Jala came up with? They were suppose to make it better for their customers or at least maintain what they had been; ironically, they now find more ways to upset their customers and make their life far onerous and frustrating.

When I was coming to Kuching from KL two weeks ago, my flight was to takeoff from KL at 8.10am. Due to MAS and Kuching airport problem, they delayed me till 4pm and I had to miss my job and business appointment. Worse off, they down-grade me to economy class from business class and had not compensated me at all. They delayed me and said it wasn't their fault and that there are terms and conditions that allowed them to do so.

For that, they had their rights to make my life miserable and destroy my income. Today, I needed a earlier flight back and they said I had to compensate them RM160. What fucking MAS has it become... far worse than they had been before Idris Jala.

6 comments:

Donald G.H Tan said...

Idris Jala? Idris Jala?
Just who is he?

Anonymous said...

that is REALLY friggin' CRAPZ! FRIGGIN HELL!! DEMAND FOR A FREE TICKET MAN!!!

gee...might as well AIR ASIA LA like that so diu...

no eye see...

btw, nice poem that you left on my blog :D

Anonymous said...

yalor..take airasia.
KL - Kuching...less than RM200

forget about MAS...got share in MAS kah? :P

mob1900 said...

the stupid company is GLC, work is guaranteed for life as long as tax payer's money is there for bailing them out.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to have to tell you this, Doc. One of the ways a company can recover losses is to make the loyal customer base pay for the deficit caused by the mistakes of the management. The banks do it all the time. Delinquent borrowers default on their payments. The banks lose. They increase the interest rates of those who are paying faithfully even if the loan agreement or Bank Negara does not allow this. Customers who complain or make a lot of noise will have their interest rates adjusted to the previous and correct rate but the bank pretends not to know about the period when the overcharge was made. Many customers curse under the breath but will not take further action. The bank makes money from this. The bank makes even more money from those stupid but loyal customers who continue paying the new rates without complaining.

Do you see the parallel with MAS's actions?

Anonymous said...

MAS = MANA ADA SISTEM

- Death Star