Saturday, January 27, 2007

Salary & Income Survey?

Since Education Minister Hishamuddin had brought in up and reported, I would like to add to this query.

I was at a lawyer's office some time ago. This lady came to the lawyer's office for help. She wanted the lawyer to endorsed a form which her daughter took back from school. The form is for applying for textbook. She didn't want to apply and in fact had bought the books for her daughter. But the form stated that even those who do not want to apply must fill in the blanks, a part of which requires the parent to state their income and also to provide salary slip as proof of the statement of income.

I was puzzled and asked to have a look at the form. It was true.

Why is it necessary for parents who do not want to borrow textbooks from schools required to submit salary slips, I asked her.

It seems to me that there was a survey going on to find out what are the income levels of citizens, probably to analyze the income between the Malays and the Non-Malays, I thought so. I am not sure if it's the government's effort or it is someone else's intention to do so. Maybe there is a department that is carrying out a statistical analysis of such facts. I don't know and I can only hope that there isn't such directive from the government or UMNO leaders to do such thing. It is disgraceful and connote ill-intent.

It is not that we fear; it's more to do with the rights of privacy of individuals as endowed in the constitution. If such information is required, I believed it is justified for citizens to know what are the wealth of each and every of the Ministers and Exco-members. They are the guardians of the nation and they should ensure in no uncertain terms that they are clean and honest. Instead, there is effort to check the ordinary citizens. Disgraceful and I thank Hishamuddin for coming out openly to denounce this mischievous act and evil motives of such officers of the oligarchy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think the unthinkable...
...compiling the list of robbery targets?

Anonymous said...

Realistically, I believe the schools compile this information and hassle parents every time they need a donation. When the parents donate RM5.00 the school "rejects" the donation and tell the students that their parents can donate more. This is a real episode. It's is educational blackmail because your child is already in the school, like it or not!

Anonymous said...

The Education Minister says one thing while his subordinates say another. Apparently we can draw 2 conclusions from this farce.

(1)The former has no control over the latter.
(2)The former does not mean what he says.

Any Minister worth his salt who means what he says would act decisively against any of his staff who blatantly disregard his instructions.

John Lee said...

This has been going on for quite a while. When I was in secondary school, my parents had to do this every year even though we never applied for books under the Skim Pinjaman Buku Teks (SPBT).

Anonymous said...

toll concession osa. water concession osa. but my privacy, no osa! i am also very upset. just receive the form from my daughter. why do i have to declare my income and that also has to be certified to the keris waving ministry? to hell with him. i am not submitting. suspend my daughter? try that and i se them in court. my right to sue. following example. ok.

Anonymous said...

walau-eh! These Income info forms are worth a gold mine IF fallen into the hands of Credit card agents!The next thing you know would be some Ah Lians calling you up offering "FREE FOR LIFE" credit cards!