Thursday, August 30, 2007

Feng Shui: See Good vs See View

It was the first time I traveled to Kuching in the evening on 22nd August. Normally, I would take an early morning flight to Kuching, just-in-time upon arrival for my routine assignment. However, in view of MAS's "goodwill" (bcoz the 8.15am flight was indisposed) I had to travel a day earlier.

Anyway, I was delighted about it. My kiamsiap friend Alex belanja me dinner at this place called See Good Food Centre. Around this place there are a few restaurants. I don't know why Alex prefered this See Good. Probably, he prefers to see good, a somewhat behavioral or superstitious belief.


The food was ok lah, nothing fantastic and not too expensive (not cheap also lah).

This kiamsiap Alex had never treated me to any good dinner. Over 5-years on my trips to Kuching, he only belanja me kolo mee and Sarawak Laksa at Foody Goody (a nice restaurant somewhere in Kuching lah). 5-years of laksa and kolo mee... that's all this Alex had given me. I don't know why this time he is so tai-fong (hospitable and I don't think he suddenly fatt-tatt). I had crabs, prawns, fish, and so many other dishes.


There was quite a big crowd at See Good. Everybody seems to like the food there. Business was brisk and this boss must be making good money.

Neighbouring See Good Food Centre was this See View Food Centre. See the picture below...



Tak da orang? U see... left side is See Good and right side is See View.

Side-by-side, and one is having a big crowd and the other one is Pak-U-Yeng (cari mosquito; tak da lain kerja).

Feng Shui or Chef Shui? I asked Alex whether he knows the reason; whether the food was the reason. Alex pun tak tau (he also belum cuba makan di sebelah).




Pity See View. Maybe, the boss should seek advice from Feng Shui Master or Bomoh.





"If like this, sooner or later, cap lap (tutup kedai)."

Anyway, thanks to Alex and I hope this will not be the last time he treat me for a nice crappy-prawny dinner.

Next month I will go to Kuching to celebrate my birthday and hopefully my dear friends will give me good food, not see good or see view... anything better ah, Kuching buddies?

(P/S: Sori, my phone camera veri lousy)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr,next week Alex will bring you to a restaurant called `SEA SIDE' ( meaning next to the sea lah). We can enjoy the SEA BREEZE & the SEA FOOD.If weather permits, we might be able to witness a flock of SEAGULL show- Mmudahlupa

Anonymous said...

Doc, for your birthday we SHALL make sure that u r probably fed.

Helen said...

You're turning 35 next month? :-P

Forget fengshui, if I'm see view boss, I'll just pay you to blog for them. Advertise a bit. lol

Anonymous said...

hahahaha....

Anonymous said...

see good and see view same company.. this sort of strategy applied somewhere in belarus..

Purple~MushRooM said...

Wah... Happy Early Bday to you! So, how old are you?

No need to pity See View. Prob they potong their customer's leher with huge charges. So no one dares to go there anymore. Maybe you should go in to experiment it yourself and see what is wrong.

Anonymous said...

Dr. , you should ask alex to bring you to Pending seafood.BTW, alex, you have put on weight.

GobloKing said...

I am trying to locate the whereabouts of a friend of mine formerly of Kuching; Caroline Goh who is fr Kuching.

She used to run an inbound travel agency and an advertising company in the late '80s at Kuching Plaza (near holiday inn I think).

I have been trying to contact her as I think something mysterious may hv happened to her somewhere along the way...the last we met I could hv sworn someone bomoh-rised her...& she told me such strange events which happened to her...she was really an enigma!

She should be in her early 40's now, and she used to hv the longest loveliest glossiest hair.

If anyone knows of her whereabouts or knows what has happened to her I would be grateful.

If I am not wrong she was briefly married to the GM of F&N for Sarawak in the 80's. James I think..he was at that time in his late 40's and about 20 yrs older than her.

Maverick SM said...

Hello Mmudahlupa,

See Good and See View not enough ah; somemore, seeside, seebreeze and seegull? U betul susah lah.

Chang, Tank U so much.

Helen, not 35 lah. A little bit more...

Purple~mushroom, 35+++ only

Alex, you hahaha only ah? U better give another bigger dinner.

Kanasai, they not the same boss lah.

Gobloking, I know one guy name James but not from F&N. He is from Batu 7....LOL! BTW, I will call all my buddies to hunt for her, ok.

GobloKing said...

THANKS Maverick!!

sigh sigh sigh...can you believe it but someone even told me back in the 90's my friend was bomoh-tised by Effendi's then wife (THE E who is now married to J.Tiara.

This is because my friend is alledged to be the mistress or girlfriend of E who was then in Kuching - something or something...don't ask me. I am the worst gossip there is; don't remember names nor events!!

Like I say, no matter what Caroline was a nice person & if there is ONLY 1 rumor I believe - ie she musta been bomohtised...I could NOT believe my friend when I last saw her. UNBELIEVABLE in this day and age to think witch doctors can really work!

Anonymous said...

try on these places,

1. Rock Road Restaurant.
2. Hai Pa Wang (next to Chung Hua Primary School No3.)


a little fancy type

Tom's
Magenta
Junk
Denis' Place
Bla Bla Bla

Hawker/Kopitiam type
Jalan Song

hope these places can keep u going for a while.