Friday, September 07, 2007

A Father's Dream

On 26th August, University Tengku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) held their annual Convocation at Wisma MCA, Jalan Ampang, KL.

I was suppose to be there to witness the grand occasion. My son, Henry was to receive his scroll. I could not attend as I had a teaching assignment in Kuching. It must have being a some kind of disappointment to Henry. I felt bad and inconsiderate but I have to attend to my career pre-assigned obligation. I am sorry, son. Anyway, I did sent a message to him to congratulate him. He has come of age. The second phase of his life had just begun. Now he has now got to work for a living. He has to earn and save for his future needs and aspiration. He has to built a career for himself. He will have to plan and built a path for his future. The journey of life in this capitalist world has just begun, Henry. Best of luck, son and you can be assured that your dad will remain as your strongest fan and supporter, and you can count on him.

My elder son, William had also received his MBA scroll from University Utara Malaysia (UUM) this week. Congratulations, William. For William, he had charted his career path and journeyed along passionately. He has so far done reasonably well. I believed he will do better in the coming times. William has made me proud father. His success was his own endeavor as he has put in a lot of hard work, suffered pain, humiliation, physical and emotional stresses in order to get his career to where and what it is now. At this young age, he has already secured his financial freedom. That puts me to shame as I was still fooling around at his age.

Anyway, I stole a picture from Henry's blogspace and post it here.



That boy is my son.

That girl, I do not know her; but I guess it must be his GF.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you are one creepy motherfucker.

Anonymous said...

well mave, you are da' super father! you raised them well so they are doing well. yes you should be proud of both of them.

convey my congrats to both henry and william, ya.

Anonymous said...

What's the beef with leesa above?
*tsk tsk tsk*

Arena Green said...

You have some pretty strange visitors to your blog, Mave.

It is touching to read a proud dad's declaration of pride in his offsprings. I dream of doing the same in the distant future. :-)

Anonymous said...

Why the first guess is your son's GF ha? Can't wait to 'marry him off' izit? hahaha

zewt said...

congrats to him...

X'tina said...

Congrats to u mave n sons ...read this post can make ppl cry one u noe...so touching and real feelings of a loving father.
Like my friends always say... sons and daughters so good quality ...shud make some more , right? Regret liao or not?

Anonymous said...

congratulations, maverick!

i don't think your son missed you though. he looked quite contented with his GF next to him. :)

Maverick SM said...

Thanks to all of U. Appreciate all comments made.

Anonymous said...

William & Henry;hope u don't stop there.CONTINUOUS LEARNING IS CONTINUOUS EARNING. KNOWLEDGE IS NOT ONLY POWER BUT WEALTH AS WELL. congrats!- Mmudahlupa

Purple~MushRooM said...

Congrats! You're a proud father.

Anonymous said...

thats girl not virgin oredi..ur son already did his work hehehehhe