The Manifesto is, by far, the most impressive compared to those from DAP, PAS and Barisan Nasional.
The manifesto, with the tagline "A New Dawn for Malaysia", pledge to:
- Make Malaysia a truly constitutional state for all, guaranteeing basic human rights, rule of law and an independent judiciary.
- Create a vibrant economy for all, eliminating discriminatory policies, corruption and wastage.
- Make the streets and neighborhoods of Malaysia safer for all, through creating a professional and neutral police force.
- Make Malaysia more affordable for all, by lowering petrol prices, ensuring tolls and tariffs will never be raised unreasonably and by other policies.
- Increase the standard of Malaysian education for all, including higher salaries for educators.
PKR also promised to implement a minimum wage of RM1,500 in the manifesto. The party also plans to do away with the New Economic Policy.
As a Malaysian Citizen, the 5-points emphasized our critical concerns of the nation's well-being and aspiration. The DAP manifesto did not impress me. The BN manifesto is but tons of repeated promises which was analogous with the previous, and of which the contrary had happened. BN promise an all out mission against corruption, and what was achieved was an all out to be corrupt from the highest led by his son-in-law. The 2004 manifesto promises to reduce crime and improve educational excellence; instead the public universities slide into oblivion and crime had increased manifold; even children are not safe to playgrounds and women are not safe in shopping centers.
Would we give PKR a chance to prove themselves? Why not? Or would we live with the corrupt system and adapted into the system to be part of it.