Monday, December 15, 2008

The Right to be Rich

No man can rise to his greatest possible height in talent or soul development unless he has plenty of money necessary for his fullest mental, spiritual and physical unfoldment.

Every man should have all that can contribute to the power, elegance, beauty and richness of life; for to be content with less is sinful.

The desire for riches is really a desire for a richer, fuller, and more abundant life; and that desire is praiseworthy; for man's highest happiness is found in the bestowal of benefits on those he loves; love finds its most natural and spontaneous expression in giving.

The man who has nothing to give cannot fill his place as a husband or father, as a citizen, or as a man. Poor man cannot help others, what more, he is himself in need of help from the others.

Sad to say, we won't learn. Yet, God is made the victim of our circumstances : our own defective thoughts and inability to rise up and become resourceful, to built capabilities and to do charity and help those in destitute conditions and those who are unable to fend for themselves.

Yet, those who were blessed with good brains, strong body and the intellectuality and capability failed to nurture themselves to a position of abundance so that he can use those abundance to provide for the unfortunate and sick.

Those who desires for less and who fails to exert their full effort to make life more plentiful, are not rendering God and Humanity any greater service - they are derelict in their duty to themselves, to humanity and to God.


--- Wallace D. Wattles; The Science of Getting Rich

3 comments:

TIMOTHY-DALTON said...

Maverick

Majority of Malaysians, largely about 60% of populations are used to Spoon-Feeding environment and in-built culture, hence believes that they are rightly to be in Richy Rich position one-way-or-another. This "Right To Be Rich" is not applicable to them as all that belongs to the rest 40% hardworking populations of low-middle-high incomes wealth are all owned by the this 60% so-called The Silent Majority (or nickname AssH*le!). This AssH*le never believes in giving out their wealth as they've originally got nothing. Of course they blames the GOD, cockcroaches, rats and roden, pigs and porks days and nights. Sadly we are all surrounded by these AssH*le. Lucky your friend BayiSingh resided in SouthAfrica! Never suggest him to visit the land of AssH*le, he'll suffer like in Guantanamo Bay!!!

Anonymous said...

Even with a small bank account, those who are content find themselves with great wealth.
Forget about AssH*le, they only care for themself and will use poor group to retain their position.
They key point is PPP .... Power , Privilege and Position
Individuals are pronounced great when they can face difficult situation with happiness ... only can be done by low/middle income people.

Pure Malaysian

Maverick SM said...

Timothy-Dalton,

What's important to each and everyone is the SELF; Self-sufficiency, Self-provide and financial freedom for the Self. So, it is essential that each of us do ourselves a service - help ourselves and built our own capability and competency.

Pure Malaysian,

Let's help ourselves and do ourselves a service by working hard and building capabilities.