Sunday, March 14, 2010

Nietzsche's last prose (Part 1)


"On this perfect day, when everything is ripening, and not only the grapes are getting brown, a ray of sunshine ha fallen on my life: I looked behind me, I looked before me, and never have I seen so many good things all at once."

"If in anything at all, it was this that I became my own master."

"The knight of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies, but also to hate his friends."

"To regard one's self as a destiny, not to wish one's self different - this is sagacity itself."

"But the disparity which obtains between the greatness of my task and the smallness of my contemporaries, is revealed by the fact that people have neither heard me nor yet seen me."


--- Friedrich Nietzsche; ECCE HOMO - How One Becomes That One is.

***
Nur Lumpe sind bescheiden (Only nobodies are ever modest)

--- Goethe (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

No comments: