Sunday, November 20, 2011

POEM FOR TODAY

MY COMFORT ZONE
By Author Unknown

I used to have a comfort zone where I knew I wouldn't fail;
The same four walls and busywork were really more like fortress jail;
I never thought too much about things I'd never done before;
But stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor.

I said it didn't matter that I wasn't doing much;
I said I didn't care for things like commissions, fat checks and such;
I claimed to be so busy with the things and people inside the zone;
But deep inside I longed for something special of my own.

I couldn't let my life go by just watching others win;
I held my breath and I stepped outside to let the change begin;
I finally took a step and with new strength I'd never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone goodbye and closed and locked the door.

I now walk out of the comfort zone, not afraid to venture out;
I remember that all other winners were at one time filled with doubt;
I now take a step forward with words of encouragement that will make my dreams come true;
I now reach for my future with a smile; confident that a new found success will come true!

***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So it is one more addition to the numbers who have left!