Monday, July 19, 2004

MCA YOUTH LEADER MURDERED


Mah Ann2 Posted by Hello

MAH ANN ANN MURDERED.

Yesterday when I pick up the Starpaper, on the front page is the news that Mr. Mah Ann Ann, the MCA youth leader was bludgeoned. It was shocking to me as I had known the victim during the days when he was managing a University twinning programme in Seremban. When I first met him, his is a likeable person, soft-spoken and friendly.

Mah Ann Ann was killed several hours after he was out celebrating his birthday with his brother and two friends on Friday night. Mah Lei Lei said he received news that his 42-year-old brother Ann Ann was found dead in a pool of blood near the victim’s office in Taman Oakland here at about 5.15am yesterday. Earlier at about 10pm, Lei Lei, 45, said they had a small bash at the Galla industrial park in Jalan Labu to celebrate Ann Ann’s birthday. He said Ann Ann, also a businessman, asked to be excused after he received a call as he was feeling tired and wanted to go home first.

“My worst fear came true when police asked me to identify the bloodsoaked body. “There were at least 12 slash wounds on his body,” he added. Lei Lei said he believed his brother, who was a Taekwondo black belt holder, had fought with the assailants in the rain but was overpowered.

Of late, there seems to be a growing number of cases of rape and murder. What is happenning to our social fabric? We hope those criminals will be brought to justice soonest possible. My condolence to the family of Mr. Mah.

The wife of slain Mah Ann Ann pledges to remain strong in view of the uncertain future facing her and her two children. Breaking her silence since Mah's murder on Saturday morning, Wong Mei Chein said: “For the sake of my two children, I shall remain strong to face the difficult times ahead of us.”

“My daughter did not shed any tears in front of her relatives but once they had left, she would hide in her room and cry. “For the time being, I would like to be left alone to tend to my family business,” said Wong who runs a mobile phone shop here.

No comments: