Friday, March 31, 2006

Aspiring Medical Students Reality Visit

SPM straight-A scorers hoping to get into medical school on government scholarships had a reality check yesterday . But judging by their comments, the exercise has made them more determined than ever to become doctors; so it seems.

S. Suresh knows why he wants to go to medical school. "When my grandfather died of heart ailment five years ago, I swore that I would become a doctor so that I can save lives."

"I’m not scared. In fact, I am more determined than ever to become a doctor," said Mah Jia Mien of Petaling Jaya.

For Damirah Nazihah Nasiruddin, medicine is in the family. "My parents are doctors and I want to continue the family tradition," she said.

In Ipoh, Dzamharirah Takaijudin confessed she was a little uncomfortable visiting the Ipoh Hospital mortuary yesterday. "Once inside, I felt normal." She said.

In Alor Star, 48 aspiring doctors visited the wards, laboratories and the mortuary yesterday. We enjoyed it," said said Nur Izreena Ismail. It was an eye-opener to see how a doctor works," said Siti Khadijah Ismail, who scored 11 1As. "I have always wanted to be a doctor and I will work very hard to achieve my ambition," said 18-year-old Norhana Zainal.

In Kota Baru, some watched through half-closed eyes as an emergency room doctor sewed a patient’s almost severed finger back on. Ahmad Rijal, took it in their stride. "I was a little bit scared in the emergency room. But I want to overcome my fears and become a good doctor." Aini Rosmiza Mohd Suhaimi said the programme has motivated her even more to pursue medicine.

In George Town, Ooi Lin Wei is more determined than ever to become a doctor. We got to see, smell and hear what doctors and nurses do in an up-close-and-personal way.
Samantha Lim, 17, said she had wanted to be a doctor since primary school. "Now is the chance for me to pursue my dreams. A little blood here and there will not deter me," she said. Her friend, Zoe Beh Shin Yen, 17, echoed Lim’s sentiments. "The blood and gore are part and parcel of a doctor’s life," she said.




So, we hear the students were more than determine to be doctors.

But what did they see during the reality checks?

This are some ...








So, what they had seen doesn't scare them?

Well this is what the Crimea students had to do:



CSMU students get to work with cadavers from their second year unlike medical students in many other countries who only do so in their final years.

Isn't this more scary?

Oh no! Not yet!

They would have to deal with this ...








Could they take it?

And ...

4 comments:

Howsy said...

LOL! Could't stop laughing looking at this post!

Oi, do you know that there's children reading your blog. :P

Maverick SM said...

Howsy, No children will read my blog. Only adult or adult-minded who are equally maverick-type.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://yhysehof.jamminweb.com/umysity.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I earn money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my web site to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]