Tuesday, January 08, 2008

School: Pee fees

The government had scrapped all schools fees for primary and secondary schools. That was good news, but, we have more astonishing news.

Some schools wants the pupils to pay for maintenance and repairs. Other payments required include:

Examination papers
Annual sports
Islamic and Moral activities
Insurance
Malaysian School Sports Council
PAFA record book
School rules & regulation guidebook
Ethics book
Report card
School badge
Sports T-shirt
Track suit
Name tag
Monthly Assessment and report cards

And some pupils even have to pay school’s pee fee. A secondary school in Tanjung Malim is charging students 10 sen if they want to use the toilet during “non-recess” periods. It was reported that the toilet charges started about two years ago and money collected was to be used to repair the toilets.

What has happened to our government? They scrap school fees, and we are suppose to celebrate. But, the ministry had no money to pay for repairs and maintenance, and all other expenses, and parents have to pay.

Did we have improved governmental system or are we reclassifying things and thus creating pariah system of management. It's like saying, you can eat anything free in that restaurant for as long as you had paid an entry fees of $100 per person per entry. You can use the toilet free if you are a member of the toilet association whose membership fees is $1000 per month. Free lunch? Free education? Free petrol? Free fuck! But pay first, thereafter it will be free!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next, students would be required to pay RM1/= every time they fart in the school. Discount of 50% given to teachers

Rockybru said...

No wonder lah poket saya sakit ...

I went to my son's school for his orientation (Form 1) the other day. Nice canteen (they don't call them tuck-shops anymore). A plate of nasi goreng (with egg) cost me RM1.60. A glass of tea set me back another RM1. Cheaper than Devi's Corner but not by much. The grandma allows him a weekly allowance of RM6. I have been giving him a little bit more on the side because I know RM6 for 5 days is just not enough. Imagine, when I was in Form 1 (1973), I carried 80 sen a day to school and that got me a bottle of Kickapoo or Coke and a plate of friend mi or rice.

Maverick SM said...

Bro Rocky,

When I was in primary school, my mum gave me 10sen. In secondary school, it's 20sen; 10sen for mee curry and 10 sen for a cup of drink; no coke or 7up, only a orange juice by orangina.

Anonymous said...

Hence, a new prepaid is enacted for every school.

And the parents has the options to reload the prepaid coupon using credit card,online banking or nearest 7-eleven or sundries shop. ;)

Anonymous said...

oh my god! mav is a dinosaur.

on another note, during my school days, my sekolah menengah also charges for unscheduled visit to the loo. Also about 10 sen, that time 10sen still can but 3 biji hacks. damn if only i knew what's the right thing to do!

Maverick SM said...

Moo_t,

The government of today has taken the route of linguistic philosophy, concocting languages to make you feel good while paying for it to feel good. Well, I suppose Pak Lah needs another 4 years to make good his errors.

Ycg,

I am no dinosaur; I am Mr Good.

constant drama said...

So glad I'm no longer in school.