Thursday, May 01, 2008

B.U.M. 2008 fantastic nite

B.U.M. 2008 was a fantastic night.

What started last year by Howsy and Lucia has developed to be an annual affair.

Bloggers can look forward to a community of friends who had developed into buddies and a platform where they can get to know new friends and network, and most of all, have fun, great fun time.

The internet has given the people from all walks of life a place where they can make new friends and share their thoughts and discuss all kinds of topics or hobbies.

This is the new paradigm shift and a new world. It is here that I first came to know of a guy who calls himself Howsy and resides in London.

For years, we haven't met nor know each other except from the writings in our blogs.

We shared some common ideologies and passions and later we had another called Desi, and then Anak Merdeka. Desi called this grouping the 3+1 Musketeers.


As time passed I get to know others such as Helen, Mob, Rocky Bru, Jeff Ooi, Nuraina, and many many others.

All these brought about a new community where they share a common interests, that is blogging and sharing.

There are many others who did not blog but nevertheless participated in the blogs' discourse and discussions.

It is like having a new big family where the brothers and sisters have different religious beliefs and are from different races. But in their eyes and minds, they were all colored blind and they treat each other alike, with equal respect and the tendency to protect one another should any be facing problems or probable harm.

As for me, I truly enjoy being in the community and hope that the fun and joy of community life derived would last as long as possible.


Today's meeting of the bloggers was to me a grand affair. As B.U.M. is only in its 2nd season, it is hoped that this event would continue for the years to come and further developed into a bigger community.

However, it is my dream that this event would one day be a pure social gathering where the issues discussed would center around community services and the discussions centered on social issues with very little partisan politics.

The superman of the night surely belongs to Raja Petra.

When he arrived at the function the crowd were so thrilled to see him and almost everyone is waiting to have a chance to shake his hand or to have a photoshot with him.

He is the crowds favorite and everyone there just love to hear him talk.

Of course he is a maverick and what he speaks flowed directly out from his minds. His speech draws great attention from the crowd and he is always the "No Hold Barred" guy.

Dr Lim Teck Ghee was there to share with us his vision and knowledge.

It is the first time that I met him and surely it won't be the last.

I admired his extensive knowledge and we are glad he was there to be with us.



This year we had William Leong, a renown lawyer and now a member of parliament.

It was good that William did not use this platform to promote his own political party and its doctrines.





We have Jacqueline Ann Surin who was also a panel speaker.









Do you know who this beauty is?

Ya, our great Helen from Ipoh.

I have known Helen for more than a year or probably more than two; I can't remember. I had talk to her on the phone once when Desi was with her at the Bersih rally and I was in Sarawak.

But we never met until today. So you see, 2 person who had communicated so very often and yet had not met each other. It was good to meet Helen and just to remind her that she is sweet and beautiful, ok.

Ha, ha! This is Tony Pua, our new Yang Berhormat who is now a member of parliament. I first met Tony at the last B.U.M. and this young handsome man had so many fans and enthusiasts.

Tony was kind enough to let me have this picture taken.

Did you recognize me? I am the boy with the red t-shirt? Got it?

Hehehehehehehehe!!!!!

Do you know who these two are?

I promised not to post this picture... but I lied.

But I'll keep half the promise; that's I'll not reveal their names.

They are friends, not couples, unless I didn't know about it.

The only sad thing is I had a picture taken with Howsy but that shot is missing. Howsy, can you sent that shot of us to me?

There's so much fun tonight. I like to mention another few persons here:

I am glad to meet up with Mob1900. Mob, please invite me to the mee rebus with Nuraina and Rocky and to meet up with Tok Mummy.

Nuraina of 3540 Jalan Sudin; today I had the opportunity to introduce myself to her. We met last year at B.U.M. 2007 but I only managed to say salam to her. This time I surely won't let this chance lost and we had a good long chat. She's ever so beautiful and sweet.

Brother RockyBru had a hair cut; he's still as handsome as ever. Haris Ibrahim and Malik Imtiaz were around too. I talk to Haris but did not manage to get to talk to Malik and Sharom.

Zorro is always the ever Zorro. The only thing I dislike about him is that he looks younger than me.

Oh, lest I forget to mention that I met Mindful Mariner (he's so handsome and so young).

There are so many others and I truly love their companionship of the day.

Last, but not the least, thank you Desiderata, Zorro and Tony Yew who had granted me this opportunity to be there.

Goodnite.

24 comments:

Howsy said...

Gosh, you are fast!

GobloKing said...

I soooo..ooo wanted to be there but since 5000km is abit far to hitch a ride..I had to pass.

ya lor..helen looks smashing..lucky u posted her photo so now aunty know what to do next year; tone up, perm hair, make cheongsam, wear push up bra, the WORKS!

And yrself leally the red shirt guy ah? WAH...lawak orh..can take photo with aunty next time hah? make uncle mucho yealous !!

cheers for news!

bayi said...

Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Surely Zorro has more white hair than you ???

Jefus said...

Hello, .... nice to see the face connected to the views.

X'tina said...

look like you all sure having lots of fun there...pity hor Sarawak is separated from Semananjung by a sea or else can join you all there..thanks for showing us how beautiful and charming Helen is and how handsome and old you are( I mean the real you..) haha..

yapchongyee said...

I have been living with a corrupt judiciary for the last 8 years; and Judge Dato Zainon binti Mohd. Ali was the presiding judge at the court first instance. I had been writing to many, people like the A.-G., the Chief Judge Malays, President of Court of Appeal, Tan Seri Zaki, President & Secretary of Bar Council etc…etc that Judge Dato Zainon binti Mohd. Ali, had criminally dealt with my wife’s Originating Petition to wit, she aided & Abetted respondents’ perjury & Forgery, OBTAINING MONEY UNDER FALSE PRETENCES, Perverting the course of justice, conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and the most obvious crime committed by Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali is the criminal offence of MALFEASANCE.

There are already laws in existence under the penal code of Malaysia and the English Common Law that Malaysia subscribes to under our Malaysian Constitution.but be that as it may, THE FAULT LIES IN a total lack of judicial of ETHICS AND IGNORANCE OF THE LAW BY OUR JUDGES.

I have just, these couple of days, written to the former Lord President (as he was formerly called) and now ruler of Perak, H.R.H. SULTAN AZLAN SHAH, it is best to reprint it in whole. :

Yap Chong Yee,
5a Prinsep Road,
Attadale, WA 6156
Email :ychongyee@yahoo.com.au
Blogg. http://yapchongyee.blogspot.com
To,

H.R.H. Sultan Azlan Shah,
Sultan of Perak,
Istana, Kuala Kangsar,
Perak.

Yang Mulia,

Re: Re : Originating Petition No. D2-26-41 OF 2001 ;
Lim Choi Yin v. McLaren Saksama (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd

I refer to the above Originating Petition to raise an issue of abuse of power perpetrated by Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali, who was the Judge of the court of first instance in the adjudication the above Originating Petition.

Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali had approved the respondents’ application for security of costs of Rm.60,000 and which sum was paid by my wife; and upon payment of said security for costs; Respondent Stephen Lim Cheng Ban followed up by a 2nd and subsequent application for striking out of said Petition. This 2nd application for striking out was made even in the absence of any order for setting aside of the Order for security for costs nor was there any application for setting aside of the 1st order for security for costs.

In these circumstances Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali had abused her powers, because the order for security for costs had been enforced by the Respondents by their acceptance of the Rm.60,000. This acceptance by respondents of the Rm.60,000 constitutes their undertaking that upon payment of said security for costs Respondents all undertake to defend the petition in court. There was no appeal against the order for security for costs.

The facts stated above support my contention that said Petition is still an active case and Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali’s order for striking out said petition was ineffectual in law because if respondents were unhappy with the order for security for costs THEIR ONLY RECOURSE WAS TO APPEAL against said order for security for costs, WHICH THEY DID NOT. There is no ground for Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali to allow respondents to keep their Rm.60,000 security for costs and not set the petition down for hearing.

This Petition had gone on for 8 years, while the petition is still an active petition. Our solicitors had appealed against the order for striking out of said petition against my advice. There is no grounds for appeal because we are happy with the order for security for costs and we did not appeal against the order and we paid said Rm.60,000 pursuant to the order for security for costs.
I appeal to your Royal Highness and to your sense of justice because you were a former Lord President of the Malaysian High Court.

The obvious abuse of power by Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali has consigned my wife’s petition into the twilight zone, because her petition is still active in law and we are happy with the order for security for costs and Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali knows that she is not, in the circumstances EMPOWERED TO MAKE THE ORDER FOR STRIKING OUT OF SAID PETITION; There is no recourse in law for us and the appeal filed by our solicitors IS BOGUS ! Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali had by her abuse of power destroyed the appeal process in our case.

Yours faithfully


Yap Chong Yee.
Dated 30th April, 2008

Copy : President of the Court of Appeal, President & Secretary of Bar Council,
Attorney General, Email to practicing lawyers and posted on the internet.
Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali.

The action and irresponsible conduct of Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali was deliberate to cause maximum damage to me & my wife because I had complained of her to the Lingam Tape CJ Faroz. Who as my former classmate in Singapore Law School.

There is no accountability by our Judges EVEN AS IN MY CASE SHE (judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali) ACTED CRIMINALLY. From this letter I am inviting Judge Dato Zainon binti Mohd. Ali to take legal action against me to clear her name, I have so many times provided her with cause of action to take me to court, so why does she not do so ? By this letter alone she can LAY CRIMINAL CHARGES AGAINST ME FOR CRIMINAL LIBEL AND SEDITION ! Come Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali show us that you really know the law and come to Australia and apply for my extradition !

lucia said...

glad you enjoyed yourself there, mave. i would have been there BUT you know lah............

Hope said...

sounds like a very grand affair indeed :)

Maverick SM said...

Howsy,

Ya, that's the first thing I do when I got back yesterday.

Gobloking,

We did miss you, sweet aunty.

Is that red shirt guy handsome?

Bayi,

You were not there!!!!

Purple Haze,

I hope so, but he dyed it.

Jefus,

You should have been there; did you?

X'tina,

You sure did miss all the funs.

Yapchongyee,

We need to move forward and life will remain miserable if we just keep going backwards to ponder over some evil deeds. I know you need to seek justice; you have done that; you can just remain hopeful that it would be taken up at the highest level and a platform be provided to look into your case. However, you remain miserable if you are not objectively living forward. I hope you understand my point.

Lucia,

We did miss you and Mob and Howsy did mentioned that.

Hopeful,

You did not attend?

CK said...

wow... looks like a grand affair and celebrity aplenty huh? Helen, u look smashing even without doing what gobloking suggest to you

mave, is tat red tee boy leally you? i hate you cox you look younger than me and that makes uncle zorro even younger than me.

hope the gathering turns into sth really good to everyone and the country.

Maverick SM said...

CK,

Ya, the Redboy is me; I'm sorry to hear that I am younger...hehehehehe

mob1900 said...

Since when you wear Red?
hahaha click on the pic and you will see their name tags, kekekek
Great to have you back again at B.U.M 2008, Maverick!

Maverick SM said...

Mob 1900,

You pecah I punya lobang...

yapchongyee said...

Hello Maverick SM, Thank you for your concern and empathy, but this is not about moving on. It is more than seeking justice; it is all about a Malaysian judiciary that have judges at the most senior level who do not care what they do right or wrong. They just do it even if they know that what they do is wrong.

In this situation how can the people who seek justice in the law ever trust the judges. In my wife's case Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali had ordered the payment of Rm.60,000 for security for costs and NOT INTENDING to ever set down the case for trial even as the payment is made. This is clearly a case of a conspiracy to obtain money under false pretences. I want the trial as the case stands and I instructed our solicitors not to ever accept the money back other than by an order of court.

It is a disgrace that a "common law" court can act so disgracefully. I have called Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali a criminal as she is rightly and for over an extended period and I shall continue to do because I know that she knows she will not acquit in a proper court of law in Australia because our judges are of the highest ethical and moral standard.

CK said...

mave,

pecah lubang jeffrey!!!

phillix-starscreamer said...

hey mave!

wow! b.u.m. looks so exciting. is it an exclusive event for top bloggers?

btw, i'd just like to commend you for what you said in your comment to yapchongyee:

We need to move forward and life will remain miserable if we just keep going backwards to ponder over some evil deeds. I know you need to seek justice; you have done that; you can just remain hopeful that it would be taken up at the highest level and a platform be provided to look into your case. However, you remain miserable if you are not objectively living forward. I hope you understand my point.

i am all out for people who believe in moving forward. i agree with you full on! godbless you mave!

Maverick SM said...

Yapchongyee,

Your statement above must be separated into 2 issues and should not be integrative.

Firstly, on the question of M'sian judicial system and the concern of the behavior of judges, it is not for you and me to do anything that could positively cause a reform. The government and the de facto minister knows about the weakness and the Bar Council and the Oppositions are clamouring for reforms. As such, you and I should leave it to the relevant stakeholders to act and push for reforms and transformation of the judicial system. The rakyat in the March08 GE had spoken and the govt have to act or else the Rakyat will drown them. So, lets allow the right people and those with the powers to do what is necessary.

On you case, your stand was clear and affirmative. You had written to so many parties and I suppose they would take your case up. However, I suggest that you personally meet up with Wee Choo Keong and Lim Kit Siang in a face to face appeal to get both of them to bring up your case to parliament. It will help and I know Wee Choo Keong will always help.

At the same time, you must move forward and get on with a normal life. The world everywhere have evils and discontent. Justice is but a perception and a doctrine. It is a necessity as well as a social tool to withhold the social fabric so as to control and cause provide a truism. True justice can only be provided in Heaven.

Like I said before, we need to move forward and life will remain miserable if we just keep going backwards to ponder over some evil deeds. I hope you can let go the shackles and the chain that bounded your mind and set free yourself. Life is short and we have to derive meaning in it.

CK,

You pecah my lubang also.

Phillix,

B.U.M. was open to all human beings and if you are human, you are qualified to attend. Please come for the next one in a year's time.

Thanks for the compliment on my essay to Yapchongyee. I hope to prise his mind which had been chained.

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

Maaaaave.....how come I wasnt invited? =(

*sadness*

Helen said...

Just got back to Ipoh and immediately got to drop by your blog and say HI.

It's a pleasure meeting you. Dang, I forgot to ask for your autograph though.. :-P

chong y l said...

Dang, Helen, you meet the nu'e kid on the blog first dime, and u miss'd asking for HIS autograf! I walked wit' Thee and hubby at BERSIH, you looked so fine and clean, and i served Thee teA, YOU NEVER ASKED FOR MY AUTO!:(

Next tehtari', I might lace it wit'...:)

Bro Mave, minta maaf did not serve thee the lamb from WBuffet'stable, it ran away wit'out saying Gnitey to join Helen n JohnLee:):)knotty, hotty!

Maverick SM said...

Constant Drama,

You were invited; but you weren't there. It was a public event widely published in all the blogs.

Helen,

I will autograph you on the cheek.

Desi,

Don't be jealous lah ... and you never give me the lamb.

Primrose said...

You sure look young. I attest to that. :) Great meeting so many bloggers! I haven't posted on B.U.M. Have been lazy. Better do it now. Heh!

Maverick SM said...

Primrose,

Thanks for the compliment and can I have your blog address?