Sunday, April 12, 2009

Story: I shot the robbers

George was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.

George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" He said "No." Then they said "All patrols were busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."

George said, "Okay" He hung up the phone and counted to 30.

Then he phoned the police again. "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars r ed-handed.

One of the Policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you shot them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

************************
Story supplier: BaySingh

**************************

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is what actually happened at Paya Jaras and Kubu Gajah in Sg Buloh a few days ago.

There were more than 50 police plainclothes of all races there to catch, not only the ex-commando who was making home-made guns with screw bullets, but also the buyers of the guns there.

But in the past 10 years I was staying there, every other day we hear about robberies, where the owners are tied up, and the whole house ransacked.

I was also a victim of such a robbery in 2007, where I was awakened by the scream of my wife and saw 4 Malay men in my room at 3.30am, only one was masked. I say Malay because the two of them who spoke were Malay voices and not Indons. They carted away all cash, phones, jewellery (includind what my wife was wearing}, watches and a camera.

The police did not even take photographs of the very visible fingerprints on all the light switches, but instead asked for my late father's full name ( I donno how is it related to a robbery report).

Did the police do anything like sending over 50 plainclothes swat team to apprehend the robbers? NO.

So, next time I should report that I or my neighbour has shot the robbers.

Mahafrust

MAHAGURU58 said...

Hehehehe...you know what?

The cops will charge you for a false report!

Doesn't matter to them that the burglars were caught red handed but the minute that you say something that isn't so, they'll just home in on you!

Guess that's how the bloody screwed up system works , nowadays?

Catch the reporter not the crooks!

Maverick SM said...

Mahafrust,

I'm sorry to learned of your experience. I hope you're fine.

Mahaguru58,

I tend to agree with you. That's a sad truth as observed.