Monday, September 10, 2007

Trashed and Debilitated

The past 8-10 weeks was full of seminars, training sessions and corporate activities. I hardly had a one full day rest in between these sessions.

Yesterday's training session ended at 5pm. On the way driving back from Shah Alam to KL, my car gave me problem. I saw red... no water? My car radiator ada problem? I tried not to stop along the Federal Highway as there quite some traffic. I slowed down, turn-off the air-conditioning and drag on till I reach a suitable place along Kesas Highway and then stop.

Shit! The radiator is dry. I had a bottle of mineral water. I poured it in and luckily, opposite the highway was a petrol kiosk. So, I got more water and then prayed my way back home. It was Sunday; so I can only sent the car to the workshop today.

This morning I sent it. OMG, the radiator had a 50cents hole...punctured! Having replaced a new radiator, I was still worried whether the engine had been affected. The mechanic test drived and said it was ok.

Done, repaired and it's RM1,400! My pocket is punctured now...*sob* (Alex...can u pay for this too?????)!

I had planned to travel to Ipoh and fortunately the car was ok. Arriving at Ipoh toll there was a huge traffic jam. I think the traffic jam was caused by PLUS Toll system failure. The cars are not moving at all. After more than one hour, the traffic starts to move.

Once I got down my car, I realised I had forgotten to take lunch. Quickly grab some biscuit to fill-in. Suddenly my body tells me I am "OUT". There is a time where the body tells you it could no longer go on being bashed and trashed. I drop on the bed and snored away.

I just work up. 2 solid hours of sleep. It was a good rest. I'll go back to sleep again in a while. I need more rest. My body tells me so. I better listen to it before it konk.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, with a hectic schedule like yours, watch out. You may get to pay more than a 50sen-size hole in your radiator. Remember, not only Made-in-China toys get recalled by their maker.
People with high blood pressure have the following symptoms:
Headache
Dizziness
Blurred vision
Nausea

Anonymous said...

kesian dr mave. poorer by RM1400... that is for your car, but do listen to anonymous above - take care of yourself! if not, with all those illness coming in (touch wood!!), you'll have to fork out more cash!!

take it slow and do rest a lot, ya' hear?

Anonymous said...

A philosophy I always pay attention to:

"The whole problem of this whole world is the hole."

Hole in the wallet. Hole in the road. A hole in the heart. A hole in your car radiator. etc etc etc and the list goes on and on.

madmonk

Helen said...

Hey, take good care of yourself. Money are meant to be spent. Pssst, good excuse to change car liao..

How about the 2 meter Persona you blogged about..:-P

Maverick SM said...

Thanks to Lucia, Helen and Anonymous. I will take care.

Helen, no Persona for me!

Lucia, life's schedule is dictated by commitments and assignments which determine our survival.

Anonymous said...

dear doc,
how can u so careless lah ! it is an busy kesas highway, i wonder how u can cross over to the other petrol kiosk to get water fill up your radiator tank ? don't lah risking yr life, otherwise we will not hearing from u anymore, take care the next time !